Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Re-Boot

I started the Sandwich Chronicles as a way to cope with what turned out to be the last year of my mom's life. But now it's time for a reboot.

Welcome to the new Sandwich Chronicles. I'm going to focus on education and enlightenment about life as a parent of a child with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, caused by her birth mother's use of alcohol (and also crack cocaine) during her pregnancy. My daughter has Alcohol Related Neurodevelopmental Developmental Disorder, ARND, which has the developmental and behavioural challenges without the facial cues.

There are a lot of misconceptions about FASD. I'm no expert, there are some really great ones out there, and I'll point you in the direction as I go.

I'll keep the tone of the Sandwich Chronicles, but it's time to move forward.

Onward.



No comments:

Post a Comment